Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Ultra vs. SHM

This ones for my Miami people/ anyone attending Ultra.

My Twitter feed blew up yesterday because of the apparent divide between those going to Ultra Music Festival and those going to Swedish House Mafia's Masquerade Motel on the Saturday of Ultra weekend. It seems "real" house music fans will be attending UMF, while bandwagoners are attending SHM.

My opinion... who gives!

Music is created for everyone to enjoy. Groupies and bandwagoners, although frustrating, can have fun too. While I have to admit I hated the way chongas started singing/quoting 'Use Somebody' by Kings of Leon on their Facebook statuses...I just ignored them. In the end, we like certain genres of music because they make US feel good...who cares about anyone else. Whether it be SHM or Ultra that you are attending, go take your drugs and dance like a freak. Enjoy.

If you're going to SHM...
Adrian Lux - Teenage Crime (Axwell Remix)
If you're going to UMF...


 Laidback Luke feat. Jonathan Mendelsohn - Timebomb

No comments:

Post a Comment