Thursday, February 10, 2011

NYFW - Day 1

Okay, Day 1 of my Fashion Week/Blog mission is complete.

I have looked at collections from BCBG Max Azria, Luca Luca, Richard Chai, Vena Cava, Jenni Kayne, Steven Alan, Willow and many more and I am definitely seeing some trends.

I should say I am relieved that gray and black have, as usual,  made their overwhelming presence on the runway. Of course, earth tones are staying in as well. Saw some oranges and green from Luca Luca. But honestly, I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't wear gray or black, probably rock da birthday suit. Cute.

One word: LONG

Everything coming out thus far is long: long skirts, long dresses, long sleeves, long jackets, you name it. I feel like we will all be subconciously supporting celibacy with the amount of skin, or lack thereof, we'll be showing this fall. So make the most of summer my fellow chicas before you sign up for the convent.

Here are my top 3 looks of the day:
Richard Chai


Vena Cava (Crop-top lovers rejoice!)

BCBG Max Azria
(If this doesn't scream Sister Maria a la Sound of Music, I don't know what does. Told you we'd be covering it up!)


Day 2 tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment