Sunday, February 13, 2011

Legitimacy is not easy.

Special posts for thy readers in ze district.

This weekend DC had it's International Wine & Food Festival and yours truly was able to attend. (At this moment I'd like to thank and acknowledge my parents for whoring their daughters out to their friends with connections.)

I went to the Festival with my amiga Stef, and my did we have a blast. We had a little trouble getting in at first but next thing you know we were VIP. It's a rough life, I tell ya. Alas, sooo many booths of WINE and food spanning throughout the Ronald Reagan International Trade Center, a wine-o's dream.

I am no wine expert. Surely, I know the difference between a Merlot and a Cabernet, (or do I?) but spending a day meeting new and interesting people and lying about my pseudo-legitimacy was a helluva good time. Also, I drank for free. Doesn't get any better than that. I also met Carla Hall from Top Chef and Top Chef All-Stars, she was great!

Point is, dear readers, change up your weekend afternoons and go do something new and exciting! We are getting older, and this is the kind of shit we should be doing.

Can't wait til next year!

Carla Hall and myself.

1 comment: