Thursday, January 27, 2011

Eargasms

I've been so le bored with my iPod lately! Everyday I am on the hunt for some new, refreshing tunes that make me feel the way The Killers did in 2005/2006, or how Kings of Leon did in 2009. (Still regret writing that paper instead of seeing the Killers that one time.)

Alas, I stumbled my way over to The Hype Machine and perused my way through the popular section. The usual stuff like The xx, Wiz Khalifa, and Dubstep remixes was all there...until I saw Cold War Kids. Now you're probably thinking, "is this like Russian Kidz-Bop crap"? No, actually, it's pretty freaking awesome. (And if you didn't get that joke, go read a newspaper or something.) While they've been around since 2004, and I've definitely heard of them, I never really gave them a shot. Their new album 'Mine Is Yours' came out this past Tuesday January 25th, and it's awesomeeeeeee. The first tracks I listened to were 'Royal Blue' and 'Louder Than Ever'. The lead singers voice sounds like butter on toast. It's smooth and rugged. I'm not a music critic, but this album is pretty sweet.

Hope you enjoy as much as I did.
If you're my Facebook friend, or follow me on Twitter, you probably already got annoyed of me for talking/ posting this song...sucks for you.

Stay Picky ;)



Royal Blue


No comments:

Post a Comment