Tuesday, March 1, 2011

83rd Academy Awards

Although our beloved James Franco and girlcrush Anne Hathaway were the hosts...it saddens me to say that this years Oscar's were a snooze fest. Nothing exciting, no upsets, just blah really.

I saw the Kings Speech and I would definitely agree it was a great movie, Oscar worthy, but I still wanted The Social Network to win it. Let's be real though, the Academy is a bunch of old peeps, and King's Speech was right up their alley.

However, as readers of my blog, I'm sure you want to hear about the fashion -

WOMEN
Best dressed for me, while many beg to differ, was Cate Blanchett in Givenchy Haute Couture. She absolutely killed it.
Biggest upset: Penelope Cruz. Nena looked like she was on fire with that L'Wren Scott gown, too high school prom in NJ for me, and I LURVE Pene.
Most irrelevant: Jennifer Lawrence in a red Calvin Klein Collection. Like, no one cares that you're nominated and even less so with that ZzzZzZ worthy dress.
Most blah: Reese Witherspoon in Giorgio Armani Prive. Why? I mean, Reese always looks stunning but this dress, like some others was boring.
The dress I'd most likely wear: Mila Kunis in Elie Saab Haute Couture. Or Mila Kunis........ #girlcrush
Dress I want to own but would be afraid of wearing: Anne Hathaway in Oscar de La Renta's one shoulder fringe dress. Awesome to say the least.



MEN
(Because honestly, did you think we weren't gonna bring this up?)
Best dressed: Justin Timberlake in Tom Ford. Seriously, who else and what other designer could compare?
Worst dressed: Russell Brand in?
Most kudos: Jesse Eisenberg in Band of Outsiders. I have the biggest nerd crush on him, and he was wearing a label most nominees would opt out of.
Most Awesome: Anne Hathaway in Lanvin. Yes she's a girl, but hey this is menswear. SHE ABSOLUTELY OWNED THAT SUIT, more than any other guy would have.
Hottest DILF in a tux: Colin Firth in 100% Organic Tom Ford. Dad's in sustainable suits for the win, literally.
Most who cares what he's wearing but still looks great: Jake Gyllenhaal in Ferragamo tux. DAYUM.


One more note, I have decided to refrain from discussing James Franco paying homage to Marilyn Monroe in that pink gown. I will pretend it never happened.

All images via the Associated Press, People.com, and of course GOOGLE.

No comments:

Post a Comment