Tuesday, March 1, 2011

TPG goes to the Movies

Movie review courtesy of yours truly! Get excited...

For my internship I am fortunate enough I get to work with movies, and this entails working movie screenings.

Today I had the chance to screen 'Take Me Home Tonight' which stars Topher Grace, Anna Faris, Dan Fogler, and Teresa Palmer at AMC Loew's in Georgetown.


Quick synopsis: Follow an aimless college grad who pursues his dream girl at a wild Labor Day weekend party. He, his twin sister and their best friend struggle with their burgeoning adulthood over the course of the night.

My review: (what really matters) All in all, the movie was really funny. However, I wouldn't go pay to go see this movie. I guess I'd give it a B- or a C+. It had me laughing A LOT, mostly because of Dan Fogler, but the plot was just so overdone. Think of every 80s movie about a kid trying to get the girl and prove everyone wrong, and voila, you have 'Take Me Home Tonight'. However, the music and soundtrack was the bomb. If you're an avid 80s music fan, you'll be singing the entire time. Songs like 'Hungry Like the Wolf', 'Video Killed the Radio Star', 'Safety Dance', 'Bette Davis Eyes', 'Come on Eileen', and 'Let my love open the door' are all apart of the soundtrack. If you're not tired of this story line, then by all means watch it. Topher Grace is adorable, and Teresa Palmer is a bombshell. (Try to ignore her terrible American accent with her Australian coming out.)

Here's the trailer, the movie comes out this Friday, March 4th:

No comments:

Post a Comment